Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Visit to Sacramento

Last week Tim and I had a little getaway to Sacramento. He had a conference to attend, and Gracie and I tagged along for the ride. We had a wonderful time. I was also able to visit and reconnect with my dear friend, Amy and her sweet daughter Faith. We had such a wonderful visit. She drove 5 hours from Oregon just to hang out with us.



Old Sacramento. Cute and Quaint.

Cara and Amy with our sweet girlies.





During Tim's conference days, Gracie and I managed to fill up our time. I finished a book, walked the mall and a visited some beautiful Victorian museums in town. I also toured the Capitol building and found the "Governator's" office. There were press and security waiting outside his door for a press conference. I waited and waited for him to come out, but Gracie was getting cranky and I had to leave. Bummer. Would've been a better story if he'd come out.









The Governor's Mansion. Only a musuem now, but I loved visiting it. It was like walking through a time machine. So much history!

Of course, I had to visit the "old Schoolhouse". This was so sweet. I felt like I was on Little House on the Prairie.



No comments: